Skyleader1 was designed and developed in second half 2014. Experiencing CNC and 3D printing, 10 different prototype samples were made for testing.
- The lightest pigeon GPS ring in the world at that time.
- The only pigeon GPS tracker passed various safety regulation and was export to the United States, Australia, Europe and Japan.
- Battery installation: easy to be inserted and removed.
- Battery capacity was 471215 45mAH, supporting logging mode 12HR (3 S/P).
- Skyleader1 can be attached around 11mm pigeon ring.
- The surface area was 346.474mm^2.
- Software: Skyleader V1.0
We started to develop waterproof Skyleader GPS ring and improved the logging modes in 2016. To keep the product easy to use, the battery installation was redesigned to two stage installation and can be firm and easy to insert/ remove.
- Passed IPX7 SGS test.
- Redesign charge valet to avoid poor connection.
- The tightness of ring door increase 400% so that the ring won’t come off easily.
- New design for the ring door, won’t hurt pigeon’s leg while wearing.
- Five logging modes, including the training mode flying around pigeon loft.
- Flight track name can be changed and the history record can be searched by date.
Skyleader4 is developed in 2017 to reduce the volume, not having influence on its battery capacity. At first, we have tried different arrangements of PCB and battery in the hope of developing a reduced volume pigeon ring. However, the physical appearance of the developed samples was not suitable for homing pigeons. Then, we decided to reduce the size of PCB and Skyleader 4 was therefore developed successfully. The battery capacity of Skyleader 4 is the same as Skyleader 2. The volume of Skyleader 4 is 11.3% smaller than Skyleader 2. Their functions are the same.
Skyleader Mode4U is designed for European and Japanese 12mm pigeon rings. The ring door designed is improved. Its specification is the same as Skyleader 4.